Red Hat Enterprise Linux is an enterprise-class GNU/Linux distribution.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.1 Workstation/Server (disc images, updates) - released 03/2015
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.0 Workstation/Server (disc images, updates) - released 2014
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.6 Workstation/Server (disc images, updates) - released 2014
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 Workstation/Server (disc images, updates) - released 2013
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is available through a UW Technology-negotiated contract. Unlimited campus-wide use of Red Hat Linux products and subscriptions to the Red Hat Network update service are included in this contract. Under this contract, subscriptions (also known as entitlements) are available for use on University-owned computers in server, workstation and client configurations. Subscriptions for all versions are also available for use on personally-owned currently enrolled student, and/or currently employed, staff or faculty hardware. Personal-use subscriptions do not allow the product to be used for commercial business activity.
You must remove the software from the personally owned computer as soon as your affiliation with the University of Washington ends.
No support is available from Red Hat for any system taking advantage of the campus subscription. If you require support from Red Hat, you will have to purchase a subscription directly through Red Hat. Personal-use subscriptions do not allow the product to be used for non-UW business activity. If your personal use would entail non-UW business activity you need to purchase a subscription from Red Hat. Contact a Red Hat Sales representative for more information.
A subscription entitles you to install any currently available version of Red Hat Linux, to upgrade to any new version released and to keep your Red Hat Linux systems up to date by using the UW Red Hat Network Satellite server.
UW Red Hat satellite server synchronizes with Red Hat repositories automatically twice a day at 05:20 and 17:20.
Getting the Software
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions for the software use, you can download RHEL installation disc images.
- UW-specific installation and configuration details.
- Red Hat Documentation
Official Red Hat documentation in PDF, HTML and HTML tarball format.
- More to come...
Contact UWare Software Licensing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-221-5000.