Avaya Softphone (aka “One-X”) is a software application that runs on your work computer and can augment your desktop phone or replace it completely. The software application is a great way to take your phone with you as you travel around campus. If you choose to run softphone it is recommended that you purchase a headset for use with softphone. Tested models can be found in the headset section below. Headsets must be purchased through your standard ordering channels.
One-X can be used alongside your desktop phone, accepting/making calls from either. Or you could choose to turn in your desktop phone and only use the One-X application.
As you use softphone, it is recommended that you use a wired data connected to your computer. Since Wi-Fi is a shared medium, you could experience degraded audio depending on proximity and number of other users sharing the Wi-Fi access point. Some types of network devices, such as firewalls, could impact usability of the Softphone service. Contact customer services for additional information.
Avaya One-X Communicator is available for Windows and Mac OSX.
The supported operating system are these are:
- Mac OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion) and 10.9 (Mavericks);
- Windows 7 Enterprise, Ultimate, and Professional; and
- Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise and Pro.
Minimum hardware level for Windows workstations are:
- Intel Pentium 1.2 GHz processor;
- 1GB RAM (although more is recommended); and
- 1.5GB free hard disk space (3GB free hard disk space if .NET 4.0 is not already installed).
The Avaya One-X Communicator grants faculty and staff at the University of Washington the right to use the software on University-owned computers and their personal computers only for educational or academic purposes. Once you have separated from the UW you must remove the software from your computer.
- No registration is required
- There is no charge for the software
- UW-IT maintains licensing with Avaya for use with UW-IT Avaya phone system
Download Avaya One-X Communicator software after agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
Phone: 206-221-5000; Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM