Installing Office 2013
What to know prior to installation:
- You must be an administrator on the computer.
- These components are not preserved:
- Custom macros. To save: use Tools – Macros – Edit, then copy all text into a text file so you can re-create your macros later.
- Currently configured Quick Access toolbar changes.
- Icons in your system tray (next to the Start button).
- A full suite of training aids is available as well as interactive guides showing where menu and toolbar commands are.
How to install Office 2013:
- Close all Office applications including Outlook.
- Open Control Panel, then Run Advertised Programs (32 bits) and highlight MS Office Professional Plus 2013 and Click Run.
- Click Update (not Customize).
- The installation should begin and will take 15-25 minutes to finish. Do not start any Office programs during this time.
- When finished, you can click on the Continue Online button to go to the Get Started with Office 2013 site, or just click Close.
- Close Control Panel.