Audience Response Systems allow students to actively participate in classes and presentations. Presenters can use common formats such as a web browser, PowerPoint, Word, or PDF to ask questions; audience members respond using a small hand-held device assigned to each student.
Audience response systems help make learning spaces more interactive. They provide immediate feedback from all students to the instructor and class. This technology helps achieve higher levels of student-instructor interaction in a large lecture environment, where participation is traditionally difficult to achieve.
- Real-time interactive polling, surveys, quizzes, and other assessments
- Display and correlation of anonymous results
- Hand-held devices specifically designed for the visually impaired
- PowerPoint support
- TurningPoint Software
- USB Receiver
- PowerPoint 2003 or newer for PC
- ResponseCard - available in the textbook section of the University Bookstore. Instructors can also include clickers on their textbook orders.
- TurningPoint Software - free download
- USB Receiver - no cost, available at Classroom Technology & Events
- PowerPoint 2003 or newer for PC, available through UW Site License
- ResponseCard - available for purchase in the textbook section of the University Bookstore.
Classroom Technology and Events supports Turning Technologies' TurningPoint and TurningPoint AnyWhere audience response software. TurningPoint is based in PowerPoint and suitable for PC users. TurningPoint AnyWhere is a free program usable by both Mac and PC users. CTE has a limited number of USB receivers and student ResponseCards available for faculty to try out. Please contact CTE if you want to use an Audience Response System for your course.
- Download TurningPoint from TurningTechnologies.com/Downloads.
- Contact CTE for a free USB receiver.
- Plug in the RF+ Receiver into your computer’s USB port.
- Product Training and Tutorials
- Find Additional Support Resources
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 206-543-9900, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.