You can edit your UMail form to change the title, security setting, or recipients.
To edit your UMail email form, follow these steps:
- From the account page, click the UMail form you want to edit. You may need to click the UMail filter under Tools to locate it.
- Modify the general information about the email form:
Title: Enter a unique and descriptive title for your Umail.
Link URL: If you wish, you can enter the URL of a Web site for the user to return to after they send their email message.
Link text: Enter the text you want your participants to read and click to visit the URL you entered above. The link will be displayed as "Return to (link text)".
- Change the security setting for your Umail form. The security setting determines if a sender's (participant's) name and email address are required or optional. The security setting options are as follows:
Anonymous: The email form does not allow the sender to enter a return email address, thus assuring total anonymity.
Required -- UW NetID: The email form requires the user to login using their UW NetID, and will include the name and email address associated with their UW NetID with the message.
Optional: The email form allows the user to enter a name and email address if they choose.
- Modify the recipient list(s) for your email form. To create a recipient list, enter the following:
Label: The name is the name of the individual, or description of the group of people in the list, e.g. "Professor Brown" or "Teaching Assistants."
Email addresses: Enter the email addresses of the recipients, one per line.
To create additional recipient lists, click Add another list, and enter a label and members for the new list.
- Click Save. If you don't want to save your changes to the email form, click Cancel.