GradeBook enables you to securely distribute assignment scores, total scores, or the class grade to students. Students can only view their own scores, and must log in with their UW NetID and password. Students can view their scores by visiting the grade book URL, or selecting the grade book from the participant tab of their Catalyst account page. The grade book URL can be found at the top of the "Manage" page.
To make assignment scores, total scores, or the class grade available to students online, publish the scores by following the steps below:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the grade book you want to work with. You will move to the main view of the grade book.
- In the grade sheet, click the name of the assignment or score that you want to publish to open the drop-down menu.
- Select Publish from the menu. The "Publish Score or Grade" dialog box will display.
- Select "Allow students to view this score or grade."
- If you want to make class-wide statistics about the assignment available to the students, select which statistics to publish.
- When you are done, click Save to publish the score/grade and statistics.