Create assignments to track student scores. Assignments such as papers, quizzes, or exams are organized within categories and can be published for individual student viewing. Each assignment appears as a column in the main view of the grade book,
and can be published for students to view whenever you choose.
To create an assignment, follow these steps:
- On the account page, click the name of the grade book that you want to edit. You will move to the main view of the grade book.
- Click Manage in the global navigation in the upper right. You will move to the "Manage" page.
- Under the header "Assignments" click Edit. You will move to the "Manage Assignments" page.
Tip: You can also reach the "Manage Assignments" page by clicking Manage assignments on the grade sheet tab of the main view of the grade book.
- Select the category on the left in which you want to create assignments.
- Click Add assignment at the right. The "Edit Assignment" dialog box will appear.
- Enter a title for your assignment. The default title of the assignment is Category name #.
- Select a category for the assignment. The category enables you to organize assignments for individual student viewing, weight a category as a percent of the total score, and organize and filter your view of the grade sheet.
- Select a scale for the assignment.
- If you select Points, enter the number of possible points in the space provided.
- If you select 4.0 scale, the 4.0 scale conversion table will appear. Enter a percentage to correspond with the minimum score. Learn more about using 4.0 scales for assignments.
- If you select Custom, enter the set of possible scores or descriptors and their percent equivalents for use in calculating total scores. Learn more about assignment scales.
- Click Save.