As a workspace owner, you can give administrators access to help you manage the workspace. Both UW NetID and ProtectNetwork ID users can be administrators on your workspace.
Administrators can add, edit, and delete both views and content in the workspace, and modify participant access and availability. They can work with hidden content, and access the workspace when it is not available to participants. Access to individual Catalyst tools is determined by role settings in the tool itself.
You can add administrators to your workspace in two ways: adding a group of collaborators, or assigning a participant the role of administrator.
Add a Group of Administrators to Your Workspace
To give administrators access to your workspace, follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace with which you want to work. You will move to the workspace.
- In the global navigation in the upper right corner of the page, click Access & Roles. You will move to the "Access & Roles" page.
- To the right of "Administrator access," click Edit. You will move to the "Administrator Access" page.
- Click to select an existing group or class list that contains your collaborators or click the blue plus sign in the bottom left corner to create a new group. Follow these instructions to create a new group.
- When finished, click Save or click Cancel to discard your changes. You will return to the Access & Roles page, and will see your collaborators listed with the role of Administrator.
Assign Participants the Role of Administrator
You can also assign participants the role of administrator in your workspace. Follow these steps:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace with which you want to work.
- Click Access & Roles in the global navigation in the upper right corner of the page. You will move to the "Access & Roles" page, which displays the list of participants.
- Find the participant on the list whose role you want to modify.
- Select "administrator" from the "Role" drop-down menu. You might need to wait a moment while the role is assigned and the page refreshed with the new role listed for the participant.
- When you are done assigning roles, click Workspace in the global navigation in the upper left corner of the page to return to the workspace.