Owners and administrators can edit assignments to make changes to the assignment title and instructions, attach supplemental files, change the submission type (file or link) and set or change the open, due, and close dates.
Follow the steps below to edit an assignment in your dropbox:
- Log into your Catalyst account page and click the title of a dropbox. You will enter the dropbox home page.
- In the first row of the submissions table, click the title of the assignment you want to edit.
- Click Edit, to the right of the assignment title in the green box near the top of the page.
- On the "Edit Assignment" page, you can change the title, assignment instructions or type of assignment (file or link) by editing content in the text boxes.
- You can also remove or add supplemental files associated with the assignment. Click Remove next to the file you wish to remove. To add a new supplemental file, click Browse to select a file located on your computer.
- To open an assignment that has not yet been opened, under "Assignment time line" select either Now or enter a future date and time into the Open on option.
To edit a due date, select either No due date or enter a future date and time into the Due on option.
To extend a close date or reopen a closed assignment, select either Never closes or enter a future date and time into the Closes on option.
- Preview assignment at the bottom to view the assignment as your participants will see it. When you are done making changes, click Save. Or, to discard your changes, click Cancel.
Tip: Once the dropbox has been opened, the assignment type can not be changed.
Tip: If you make time line changes to an assignment that has already received submissions, Collect It will readjust its flagging of files to the new due and close dates. This means, for instance, that if a participant submits a file after the initial due date and then the due date is extended past the date of submission, Collect It will no longer flag the file as late.