- On This Page
- How do I find assignments?
- How do I turn in an assignment?
- Can I submit file types other than Word or PDF?
- How do I find files?
- How can I see professor feedback on my assignment?
- How do I check my grades?
- Can I download files into a ZIP folder?
- Turnitin FAQs
How do I find assignments?
In the Course navigation, click Assignments.
On the Assignments page, click any assignment. This opens the page for the assignment, where you will find directions for the assignment and a link for submitting your work.
How do I turn in an assignment?
- In the Course navigation, click Assignments.
- On the Assignments page, click the assignment you want to submit. This takes you to the screen for that specific assignment.
- On the right side of the assignment screen, click Submit Assignment.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see an area for submitting your assignment. Your options may vary depending on the file formats your instructor will accept. Each option appears as a tab.Once you have successfully submitted the assignment, you will see a confirmation message that includes the date and time of your submission.
Can I submit files types other than Word or PDF?
Canvas accepts most common file types, including .xls and even Google docs. Instructors can limit the file types accepted on a per-assignment basis, so pay close attention to the instructions for each assignment.
How do I find files?
In the Course navigation, click Files.
Course files are listed in alphabetical order. To preview a file, in the left pane of the Files page, click the file. The preview will appear in the right pane.
To download a file, in the right pane, click a file link.
How can I see professor feedback on my assignment?
To see comments from your instructor on your submitted assignments, follow these steps:
- In the Course navigation, click Grades.
- Click the assignment you want to view. The Submission Details page appears.
- A box with a green border shows your file uploads. At the far right of this box, look for a small magnifying glass, and click it. A preview of your submitted document appears.
- To download a copy of the document, click the download icon and choose Download annotated PDF.
How do I check my grades?
Canvas gives you two ways to discover when grades have been posted: in Grades in the course navigation, or through Notifications.
When you enter your Canvas course, if you have any new grades you will see a blue indicator in the course navigation next to Grades. The number in the indicator corresponds to the number of new grades you have received.
You can also receive a notice when you have a new grade. To set up grade notifications follow these steps:
- In the Global navigation, in the upper-right corner, click Settings.
- On the Settings page, in the left navigation, click Notifications.
- On the Notifications Preferences page, scroll down to Course Activities.
- Under your email address, mouse over the row for Grading and select the check box next to Notify me right away. If you want your grade to be included in the notification, select the check the box next to Include scores when alerting about grade changes.
- Make sure the field says ASAP. You will now be notified as soon as you receive a new grade.
Can I download files into a ZIP folder?
To download all of the files from your Canvas course in a .zip folder, follow these steps:
- In the Course navigation, click Files.
- On the right, at the top of the files pane, click the zip icon.
The Download Folder Contents dialog box opens.
- When Canvas finishes compiling the files, a blue link with the file size appears at the bottom of the dialog box. Click the link to download the .zip folder.
- To close the dialog box, in the upper-right corner, click the X.