The UW Blogs Network provides a blogging service for UW faculty and staff. It uses the open-source WordPress application. Features include:
- Easy to get a blog up and running within minutes.
- Blogs have a UW theme and branding.
- The service is administered by UW-IT so blog owners don't have to deal with installation.
- Ability to administer site by logging in with your NetID: no need to remember a new password.
By visiting the UW Blogs Network Home you can view sites on the network as well as explore the documentation.
Current faculty and staff are eligible to create a blog. Once a blog is created, the owner of the blog can designate any other UW NetID they so choose to assist in administering the blog.
Note: Non-staff students are currently not eligible to create a blog on the UW Blogs Network, but they can collaborate on other blogs.
Activating Your Blog
- Navigate to your Manage UW NetID Resources page.
- Click on "Computing Services."
- Select the checkbox next to "WordPress Network Site" and then click on "Subscribe"
- Congratulations, your blog is now activated and ready for use. A confirmation email will be sent to you with the URL of your blog.
The UW Blogs Network Documentation Site is the primary reference and documentation space for the UW Blogs Network. Common tasks, FAQs, and additional details are included.
If your question is not answered by the UW Blogs Network documentation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.