Outdoor Participation Membership

$40 Intramural Sports Membership – OUTDOOR SPORTS ONLY (NO IMA access)

This membership allows you to be on the roster of an intramural team without being a full IMA member.


  • You are a current UW Faculty/Staff member. Can be purchased on a quarterly basis throughout the year.
  • You are a UW Seattle/Bothell/Tacoma student who is NOT registered for summer classes but must have been a full-time student spring quarter.

Not Eligible:

  • Plus One’s (full IMA membership required).
  • UW Seattle, Bothell, Tacoma Students (full IMA membership required for autumn, winter & spring quarters).
  • On-leave graduate student (full IMA membership available at the faculty/staff rate to those officially on leave status with the university).


  • Certain affiliates, visiting staff, and other specialty staff and student programs operating on and off Seattle campus may not be eligible.  If you do not see an option to purchase on our registration site, you will have to contact to determine eligibility.


1) Email with your Student # or Employee # to verify your current affiliation with UW. Participants will not have access to purchase the membership until their credentials have been verified.
2) Go to
3) Sign in with your UWNetID
4) Click on “Memberships & Passes”
5) Click on “Intramural Sports – OUTDOOR PARTICIPATION ONLY”
6) Checkout
7) Once the membership is purchased go to UW IMLeagues to create an account, login and purchase a $20 IM Pass. Directions on how to create an IMLeagues account can be found HERE.


Questions About Accessibility?

UW Recreation’s programs, operations, and facilities are intended to be inclusive and accessible. If at any time, you have a need or concern please contact us, we encourage everyone to participate in our department offerings. For accommodation requests connected to a disability or health condition contact us at (206) 543-4590 or at Requests can be responded to most effectively if received as far in advance as possible, preferably at least 10 business days.

Request with Disability Services Office

Request Disability Resources for Employees:

Request with Disability Resources for Students

Request Disability Resources for Students:


UW Recreation does not provide accident or medical coverage for participants. It is recommended that participants obtain their own personal coverage. Students may obtain additional information on student accident/sickness insurance by contacting:  Insurance & Cost | Husky Health & Well-Being (

Questions About Refunds?

For questions about program or membership refunds check the Registration page or contact