General Information

Court & Field Reservations

Check here for more information on making court and field reservations.

Health, Injuries, and Insurance

  • The University of Washington and UW Recreation does not provide accident/medical or sickness insurance for intramural sports participants and is not responsible for paying medical costs associated with injuries incurred through participation in these voluntary activities.
  • It is strongly recommended that all participants have an accident/medical plan in effect while participating in intramural sports.
  • A plan such as:
    • One through LifeWise Insurance. ISHIP Students
    • The University offers an International Student Health Insurance Plan for students on with a F- 1 or J-1 Visa that may be purchased at the time of class registration. Coverage is available on a quarterly or annual basis.

For further information, call the Student Insurance Office at (206) 543-6202 or check their website at

IMA First Aid Room

Accidents/Injuries that happen in or near the IMA Building should be reported to the First Aid Room located on the lower level of the facility across from the racquetball court entrance. The first aid room is staffed during all IMA Building hours of operation.

Sports Equipment, Baskets, and Lockers

Sports equipment necessary for all scheduled intramural contests is provided by the Department (e.g. balls, bats, etc.). Most items of equipment are available for individual check out at the main issue area, located on the lower level of the IMA Building outside the entrance to the Men’s Locker Room and at the issue window in the Women’s Locker Room. Check out is possible with appropriate identification, (e.g. Husky ID Card, IMA membership Card, etc.). Sports equipment game bags are available at the Main Issue Window and may be checked out with a valid Husky ID Card. Softball bag includes gloves, bat, balls, and a catcher’s mask. Baskets, locks, and towels are available for checkout in both the Women’s and Men’s Locker Rooms. Lockers are available on a per use basis.

Disability Accommodations

To request disability accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office at: (206) 543-6450 (Voice), (206) 543-6452 (TTY), (206) 685-7264 (FAX), or The University of Washington makes every effort to honor disability accommodation requests. Request can be responded to most effectively if received as far in advance of the event as possible, preferably at least 10 days.


Paid student officials are provided by UW Recreation for most team sports activities. Team captains/individuals should not consider a statement on policy or procedure from an official as final and should contact the Program Assistant on site or email the Intramural Manager for clarification.

Intramural Awards

T-shirt awards will be provided for the members of teams that finish first in each competitive division and for participants who place first in special events, individual, dual and meet sports.