Faculty Senate & Governance


Frequently asked questions:

Where does the Faculty Senate meet?

The Faculty Senate meets in Johnson Hall, Room 120.  Refer to our meeting calendar to find meeting dates.

Where do I go for advice regarding dispute resolution, promotion, tenure, or another part of the Faculty Code?

The secretary of the faculty can assist with the above issues.

Where can I find Faculty Senate agendas?

Agendas are posted on the minutes and agendas page.

Where is the secretary of the faculty/Faculty Senate office?

We share an office in 36 Gerberding Hall on the UW Seattle campus.

What do I do if I can’t attend a Faculty Senate meeting?

If you are an elected senator or other voting member, you are required to notify the secretary of the faculty prior to the meeting in order to be excused.  According to the Faculty Code, members with three unexcused absences will be removed.

What is the difference between a “university faculty council” and an “elected faculty council”?

University faculty councils are made up of faculty representatives from across the university and oversee university policies that fall within their charge. Elected faculty councils are the governing bodies of a particular school, college or campus and advise their respective deans or chancellors on matters of faculty promotion and tenure, academic policies, priorities, resource and salary allocation, and budgets.