Transportation Services provides innovative and sustainable transportation solutions that facilitate the educational, research, cultural and service missions of the University. The department’s vision is to be the provider of choice for its customers and a model of excellence in its industry.
Transportation Services is comprised of Fleet Services, Shuttles, and Commuter Services. Commuter Services includes all parking operations and maintenance, permit sales and citations, and commute options programs such as U-PASS, UWalk and UW Bikespace.
For press inquiries, to be put on our distribution list, more information, photo requests and the like, please contact Transportation Services’ Marketing and Communications team.
- UW Fleet places 33rd in 2013 Government Green Fleet Awards
- New stops, new service area and new late-night hours for UW’s NightRide shuttle
- Ins and Outs of Getting to Campus
- UW Transportation Services applying for $12 million federal TIGER grant for improvements to the Burke-Gilman Trail
- UW Shuttles’ NightRide begins spring quarter pilot project, will run until 1:30 a.m.
- Student U-PASS fee to remain unchanged
- Fleet Services Open House
- NightRide and NightWalk program changes
- Factsheet: NightRide and NightWalk program changes
- SPD Safety Patrols in U-District
- Ride in the Rain 2012
- Biennial Transportation Survey
- Metro Service Changes: Autumn 2012
In the media
- Daily Journal of Commerce: $19M project will improve and expand Burke-Gilman Trail on the UW campus
- The DJC story was picked up by the AP and saw coverage in the Olympian, the Tacoma News Tribune, the Seattle P-I, the Seattle Times, the Oregonian and KOMO News.
- UW Daily: Burke-Gilman to get $19 million makeover
- UW Daily: Next year’s U-PASS Fee to remain $76 per quarter
- UW Daily: NightRide changes shifts, picks up more riders
- UW Daily: SDOT directs traffic patrols to U-District
An archive of U-PASS media coverage can be found on our U-PASS Timeline Facebook page.