Picking up and Returning Vehicles
Fleet Services daily vehicles are picked up from the Fleet Services Rental Office at 4659 25th Ave NE Monday -Friday 7:00a-4:00p. The types of vehicles that are rented through the Fleet Services Rental Office are: 12 Passenger Van, Utility Vehicles. The following is necessary to pick up a vehicle:
- Reservation confirmation number
- Valid driver's license-** Expired licenses will not be accepted - no exceptions **
- Approved Van training if you are picking up a 12 passenger, cargo van or carry all vehicle
You may leave your personal vehicle in the E2 parking lot or along the Burke Gilman Trail for the time of your daily Fleet Services rental for up to 7 days. The parking permit will be attached to your rental agreement which you will receive from the rental office.
Before Driving the Vehicle
Take a moment to walk around the vehicle before starting your trip. If there are any dents or dings on the vehicle, please make a note on the damage tracking diagram which will be in the glove box..Damage tracking diagram example
Vehicles must be re-parked in the Fleet Services parking area along the Burke Gilman Trail in stalls 21-40 or in stalls 200-281 in the E2 parking lot. Please make sure to back the vehicles into the parking stalls.
There is a key drop box and time clock outside the fence behind the Fleet Services Office and also in the NW corner of the E2 parking lot. Operators are required to insert the lower half of the rental agreement/parking permit in the time clock, then place the time validated paper with the vehicle keys and gas credit card in the Fleet Services key drop box .
If it is regular office hours (7:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday) you may also return the keys to the rental office staff.
The U-CAR vehicles and Key Manager are located in the Central Plaza Garage (Level C1, accessible from Kane Hall and Gerberding Hall entrances from Red Square or the Parking Gatehouse entrance on 15th Ave NE.) at the South Campus Center (Mid-Level between M17 and M18. Located behind the UW Medical Center on the 2nd floor, near the north main stairwell) in the E2 Parking Lot and in the UW Tower A Garage (Level 4E in the A Garage next to the elevator) and the N22 Parking lot across from the Hall Health building. UW Bothell also has a UCAR location Vehicles and key manager are located on the 4th level of the South Parking Garage. Additional satellite locations are currently in the works in the near future. Please let Fleet Services know your location suggestions at email@example.com
Once you have received a confirmation number from the online system you may use the Key Manager to retrieve a set of keys for your rental. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION CODE TO PICK UP THE KEYS FROM THE KEY MANAGER. .Enter your confirmation code in the key manager and retrieve the key from the slot with a blinking green light. For more specific instructions on starting the U-CAR go here
If you are having problems with the Key Manager box please call the rental office immediately a 206-221-3594.
Before Driving the Vehicle
Take a moment to walk around the vehicle before starting your trip. If there are any dents or dings on the vehicle, please make a note on the damage tracking diagram which will be in the glove box. Damage tracking diagram example
Fleet Services provides parking permits for personal vehicles for U-CAR rentals that are in the E2 lot ONLY. Parking parmits for personal vehicles should be in the glove box of the UCAR you are renting. Place the permit in your personal vehicle and return the permit back to the UCAR when you are finished with your rental..
If you are back and want to end the trip:
- Press the yellow data key for about two seconds onto the data key reader until the green light turns red. You have then successfully logged off the onboard computer and collected your trip data.
- Close all doors and lock the car. Double check that the doors are closed.
- Return your key back to the key manager by depressing C then your confirmation code. YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION CODE TO RETURN THE KEYS TO THE KEY MANAGER.
- Open the key manager and insert the yellow wand on the data key tag in any of the free slots. Please don't forget to close the door to the Key Manager box.
- The trip data of your trip will be displayed. The distance driven is only displayed if you logged off correctly. If you forgot to log off, your mileage will not be recorded and you may not be billed for the rental until the following month.