Work Request Customer Communication
Rev. March 2014
A customer’s work request will be routed to the appropriate shop in Facilities Maintenance & Construction (FMC). Customers may expect the following response times to a submitted request once it is assigned to a shop. Internally, we have a goal that 90% of our work will meet these guidelines.
Maintenance Response Times
|Work Request Priority||Response Time||Completion Time|
|Urgent||Same Day||Correct within 24 hours|
|High||3 Working days||Correct within 7 days|
|Routine||7 Working days||Correct within 25 working days|
|Scheduled||Project is scheduled||Complete as scheduled|
Construction Response Times
- Be contacted within 3 calendar days after work request is assigned to the appropriate shop or Project Manager
- Be informed of the estimate timeline by the FMC contact. The length of time to receive the estimate will vary depending on project complexity.
- Receive an email with the FMC contact.
- See updated status changes in the work request with written notations.
- Receive a timeline for all scheduled work.
- Receive construction oversight, communication and updated cost information by the FMC contact (Supervisor, Project Manager, Zone Coordinator, or Lead).
- See the Service Call Advisory Notice (SCAN) posted onsite as work progresses.
Additionally, for projects managed by the Construction group:
- Receive a contract for approval and encumbrance prior to work being performed.
- Receive a schedule for all scheduled work > 4 hours.
- Receive a “schedule promised” date on all managed projects.
- Receive change orders, as required prior, to work being performed.
- Receive project close-out documentation as necessary.
- Receive an email indicating that work has been completed.