The University’s composting vendor, Cedar Grove Composting, accepts only those items that have passed testing in their system. A number of manufacturers are developing compostable products and when they have been tested and approved by Cedar Grove, they will be added to the list of accepted products.
What is acceptable as compostable serviceware
- All compostable items at Housing and Food Services dining facilities and espresso bars/cafés
- All compostable items from Bay Laurel Catering
- All products available through Cedar Grove at their online market or by calling 877-994-4466; payment by credit card only (Visa or MasterCard)
- All products listed on Cedar Grove’s commercially accepted list
- All products listed on Office Depot’s “Compostable Foodware” shopping list; in eProcurement, go to Office Depot’s page, click on “My Shopping Lists”, and then click on “Compostable Foodware”
What is not acceptable as compostable serviceware
- Products labeled as “compostable” or “biodegradable” that are not approved (these items cannot be composted or recycled and must be put into the garbage)
Where to compost your compostable serviceware on campus
See the Food Waste Composting page.