After the Shaking Stops
Prepare Yourself And Your Family
After Shaking Stops, Check For Injuries And Damages Needing Immediate Attention
- Protect yourself from further danger. First take care of your own situation.
- Check for injuries, Take An Eh&S Training First Aid Class
- Airway, Breathing, Circulation
- Treat for Shock
- Check for Spinal injury
As You Exit The Building Check For Damage
DAMAGED ELECTRICAL WIRING
DOWNED UTILITY LINES
- Go to designated Building Evacuation Assembly Point
- Check in with your floor warden & report injuries or damages
- Await further instructions
- Protect yourself from further danger by putting on long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, sturdy shoes, and work gloves.
- Listen to the radio for instructions.
- Expect aftershocks. Each time you feel one, DROP, COVER, AND HOLD ON!
- Inspect your home for damage. Get everyone out if your home is unsafe.
- Use the telephone only to report life-threatening emergencies.
- Implement Disaster Plan.
UW Emergency Response Management Plan
Emergency Response Plan PDF