Attend the UW Accessible Information Technology CBI on May 11
Are you responsible for developing, procuring, deploying, or using technology—websites, videos, documents, learning management system, collaboration tools, application software, etc.? Were you unable to attend a previous UW Accessible IT Capacity Building Institute (CBI)? If you answered yes to both of these questions then you should join us at the Accessible IT CBI. Sponsored by UW-IT’s Accessible Technology Services, the meeting will be held on Friday, May 11th, on the University of Washington Seattle campus in HUB 145. We will provide a continental breakfast starting at 8:30 am. The formal program for the day, which will include lunch, will begin at 9:00 am and end at 4:30 pm.
The CBI will bring together faculty and staff members from multiple departments to explore how we can ensure the development, procurement, and use of technology on our campus that is accessible to everyone, including students, faculty, staff and visitors with disabilities. We will discuss how we can work together to implement policies and procedures that lead to increased use of fully accessible IT.
Issues covered include the following:
- Exploring legal obligations for creating, procuring, and using accessible IT
- Ensuring the accessibility of websites; Word, PDF and PowerPoint documents; videos; learning management systems; distance learning courses
- Considering accessibility in IT procurement
- Promoting accessible IT and an overall culture of inclusion campus-wide
- Engaging IT vendors in making accessibility improvements
- Exploring opportunities for future support and collaboration
To see an example of the agenda and points from past discussions, view the proceedings from the 2016 UW Accessible Information Technology CBI.
Space is limited. Please register as soon as possible to ensure you get a space.
Direct questions about this event to Lyla Crawford at email@example.com.