DO-IT NEWS * April 2007
Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking and Technology
Volume 15, Number 1
In This Issue:
To reduce printing costs and yet still share exciting news from DO-IT, we provide a short print version and this expanded version online. Contact DO-IT if you would like a printed copy of the expanded newsletter.
- Director's Digressions.
- Using Technology to Visit Japan.
- Disability Mentoring Day.
- Pizza Parties: DO-IT Family Reunions.
- DO-IT Scholar Profile.
- DO-IT Staff Profile.
- Experts Meet at Web Accessibility Capacity Building Institute.
- DO-IT Hosts AccessSTEM Capacity Building Institute.
- Workforce Recruitment Staff Visit UW.
- DO-IT Co-Sponsors ACCESS Job Fair.
- AccessComputing Completes Successful First Year!
- AccessComputing to Host Summer Academy.
- Tech Tips: Content on Demand—Podcasts and RSS.
- The Thread—Accessible Air Travel.
- How can you DO-IT?
- The Browser: Calendar of Events
More About DO-IT
DO-IT NEWS is published at the University of Washington with input from DO-IT staff, Pals, Scholars, Ambassadors, and Mentors. DO-IT is primarily funded by the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Education, and the State of Washington.
DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology) serves to increase the successful participation of individuals with disabilities in challenging academic programs such as those in science, engineering, mathematics, and technology. Primary funding for DO-IT is provided by the National Science Foundation, the State of Washington, and the U.S. Department of Education. DO-IT is a collaboration of UW Information Technology and the Colleges of Engineering and Education at the University of Washington.
To order free publications or newsletters use the DO-IT Publications Order Form; to order videos and training materials use the Videos, Books and Comprehensive Training Materials Order Form.
For further information, to be placed on the DO-IT mailing list, request materials in an alternate format, or to make comments or suggestions about DO-IT publications or web pages contact:DO-IT
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4842
206-685-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
888-972-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
509-328-9331 (voice/TTY) Spokane
Founder and Director: Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.