University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Flavors of Provence
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Join us on an exploration of Provence while taking in its beautiful painted landscapes, learning the secrets of its soul-satisfying cuisine from experts and gaining an insiderís perspective on its history and culture.
- Chef Edouard Loubet, named chef of the year in 2011 by Gault et Millau, will spend the day leading a class on expertly-created Provencal dishes
- Visit the Palais des Papes in Avignon, home to the popes for much of the 14th century; sample full-bodied wines at Chateauneuf-du-Pape
- In Luberon, learn the art of baking bread, followed by a tour of a local goat cheese farm, complete with samples of chevre and local wines
- Travel to Arles, once home to Vincent Van Gogh; the artist was so inspired by the beauty of the region, he created 300 pieces of art while living there
- Walk through the forest of the Petit Luberon while discovering which herbs compliment certain dishes
- Travel to the stunning mountain scene at Gordes and tour the 12th-century Abbey of Senanque, where monks grow lavender, honey and liqueurs
- Explore the flower, vegetable and fruit markets of Aix-en-Provence
- Take a tour of Cezanneís studio, which remains just as he left it
What better way to complete your trip to Provence than to head north to the fashion capital, Paris? Sign up for this optional post-tour extension that is sure to be the icing on the cake.
Rooms start at $3,995 per person
Single Supplement: Single program rate is $5,995
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!