University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Wake of the Vikings: Iceland to Greenland
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Travel to a place rich in natural wonders, where fascinating Norse and Inuit history converge. Take in panoramic views of icebergs, explore charming fishing towns and relish in educational opportunities while enjoying the comfort of deluxe small ship cruising.
Trip highlights include:
- Spend a day in Icelandís largest city and its capital, Reykjavik
- Visit the phenomenal Gullfoss Waterfall, known for its two tiers flowing at right angles
- Enjoy a scenic cruise with views of ice floes and sheer cliffs at Cape Farewell
- Explore iceberg rich Narsaq, a town founded in 985 A.D. by Vikings
- Travel to Greenlandís capital, Nuuk, home of Nuup Kangerlua, formerly known as Godthaab Fjord
- At Eqi, experience quintessential Iceland with stunning views of giant glaciers and whales
- Learn about this fascinating region with lectures aboard the ship
Enjoy 10 nights of French sophistication aboard the M.S. Le Boreal, with all meals included. Donít miss out on natureís exceptional beauty, so book your reservation while thereís space!
Cabin prices range from $7,635 - $17,035 (suite) depending on category, cruise only.
Single Supplement: See tour brochure for details.
Operator: Thomas P. Gohagan & Co.
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!