University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Paradores & Pousadas: Spain & Portugal
You’re invited on a distinctive journey through the Iberian Peninsula, visiting the intimate lodgings of Spain’s paradores and Portugal’s pousadas: medieval monasteries, historic fortresses, and stately palaces, each reflecting the spirit of its region. You’ll feel the spell of Iberia’s rich Roman and Moorish past – and the pull of its vibrant contemporary life.
Tour highlights include:
- In Lisbon visit the National Palace of Queluz, the former residence of Portuguese royalty
- Investigate the Roman ruins of fortresses and castles near Merida
- Delight in the fragrant orange trees and flower adorned balconies of Seville while visiting the Alcazar, a palace noted for its signature Moorish architecture
- Explore Carmona, the capital of Roman Spain, as well as Moorish Spain
- Marvel at the breathtaking views of Granada from the Alhambra
- Treasures by Spanish masters such as Goya, El Greco and Velazquez will be discovered at the Prado in Madrid
If you’d like to extend your visit in Spain, a three-night optional extension to Madrid is available. With room for only 24 UW alumni and friends, the trip is guaranteed to fill quickly so make your reservation today.
$3,595 land only or $4,934 with group air from Seattle (Group air price includes $636 in airline taxes and departure fees)
Single Supplement: $1,295
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!