UWHIRES Login & Resources
Log in to UWHIRES
Don't have access to UWHIRES? Contact your employment specialist.
Need help with UWHIRES? Call our help desk at 206-543-2544 or email us.
Temporary Employment Tools: Are you extending a temporary hourly appointment? Visit My HR Tools to find new tools for extending temporary hourly appointments and monitoring temporary hours worked by temporary hourly employees in accordance with the 950 work hour limit.
UWHIRES Updates and Issues
There are no known bugs affecting the Hiring Manager Workbench at this time. Please contact your employment specialist if you are experiencing technical problems with UWHIRES.
(Date 3/31/2014) UWHIRES has been updated in the following areas:
- Candidate Dispositioning
- New activity/disposition codes better enable hiring managers and employment specialists to assign appropriate dispositions to candidates, which also better aligns our business processes with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) guidelines.
- Changes within Add Activity dropdown improve workflow and reduce unnecessary fields
- Add Activity dropdown opens to top of list
- Elimination of "rejection reasons"
- Add Activity tab includes only fields: "Type" and "Note" (Except Resume Sent to Reviewers Workbench)
- Activity "Resume Sent to HM" – "Referred As" dropdown includes: Open Competitive, Lateral Move, Lateral Transfer, Layoff Rehire, Promotion, Union temporary, Voluntary Demotion
- A "Dispositioning Required" tab on the Workbench helps hiring managers easily identify requisitions that have candidates who require final dispositioning
- Candidate Profile
- Jump navigation allows users to skip between tabs in candidate profile
- Only the current resume shows on the "Resume" tab
- Cancel Activity
- Ability to cancel a prior activity (Requires HR action, contact your employment specialist for assistance)
Questions about the changes should be directed to your employment specialist.
(Date 12/2/2013) The UWHIRES Manger Workbench has been updated in the following areas:
- In the Edit Requisition Screen
- The requisition number will now appear at the top left
- The FTE field will only accept numbers or decimals (e.g. 80.5) and will not accept numbers larger than 100
- In the Search Within These Candidates results page
- The requisition number will appear next to the job title at the top of the page
- The Web Job Description and Requirements are viewable when clicking on the "?" button
- Within the Requisition Activity Pick List
- Extended Offer activity no longer available
- For the Request for Offer Approval activity both hiring managers and HR are able to see the history when changes are made to the Proposed Salary Amount field
- Only the hiring manager and HR can see the offer detail screen. The Creator, Approver, and Interviewer roles can no longer see the screen
(Date 4/15/2013) The UWHIRES Hiring Manager Workbench has been updated to allow the sorting of requisitions by Req #, Payroll Title, Working Title, Hiring Manager, or Employment Specialist.
When creating a requisition, missed fields are highlighted in pink making them easy to find and complete before saving a requisition. In addition, five previously optional fields are now required when creating a requisition:
- Type of Vacancy – required to alert Compensation when a review is needed
- Name of Employee Being Replaced – required only when creating a requisition for a replacement position to aid Compensation in their review process
- Appointing Department – required to aid in the monitoring of temporary hourly appointment monitoring
- Supervisory and Number of Permanent Direct Reports – required only for positions marked as (“supervisory”) to aid in Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) compliance
Two new locations, University District and South Lake Union, have been added to the Job Location picklist.