Additional Resources for Employees
All of these books are available through the UW Libraries:
- "101 great answers to the toughest interview questions" by
- "101 smart questions to ask on your interview" by Ron Fry
- Adams cover letter almanac
your career: concepts of professional nursing" by Rose Kearney-Nunnery
- "Amazing résumés: what employers want to see--and
how to say it" Jim Bright and Joanne Earl
there any good jobs left?: career management in the age of
the disposable worker" by R. William Holland
your own ladder: 4 secrets to making your career dreams come
true" by Tony Zeiss.
in business" by Lila B. Stair, Leslie Stair
- "Don't blow the interview: how to prepare, what to expect,
and how to react" by Ralph Ferrone
- "Encyclopedia of career development" editors, Jeffrey H. Greenhaus,
Gerard A. Callanan
- "Expert resumes for baby boomers" by Wendy S. Enelow and
Louise M. Kursmark
- "Extreme résumé makeover: the ultimate guide
to renovating your résumé: plus sections on cover
letters, thank-you notes, and electronic résumés"
by Cindy S. Kenke.
- "Family matters: the influence of the family in career decisions"
by Robert C. Chope
- "From day one: success secrets for starting your career" by William
- "From new recruit to high flyer: no-nonsense advice on how to fast
track your career" by Hugh Karseras
- "Hired!: the job-hunting/career-planning guide" by Michael Stebleton,
Michael Henle, and Connie Harris
to be the employee your company can't live without: 18 ways
to become indispensible" by Glenn Shepar.
- "Launching the right career" by Kate Wendleton
- "Navigating your career: develop your plan, manage your
boss, get another job inside" by Kate Wendleton
- "Perfect phrases for cover letters"
by Michael Betrus
- "Professional development, reflection and enquiry" by Christine Forde [et al.]
- "Résumé magic: trade secrets of a professional
résumé writer" Susan Britton Whitcomb
- "Résumé writing made easy: a practical guide
to résumé preparation and job search" by Lola Brown
- "Rethinking information work: a career guide for librarians" by G.
- "Soaring on your strengths: discover, use, and brand your best
self for career success" by Robin Ryan
work career development: a handbook for job hunting" by Carol
- "The job searcher's handbook" Carolyn R. Robbins
- "The job seekers handbook" by Annee Lawrence
- "The road to success: a career manual : how to advance to the top"
by Alexander R. Margulis
- "The workplace: chart your career" by Joe Pace
- "The workplace: personal skills for success" by Joe Pace
workplace: today and tomorrow" by Joe Pace
Moves (Revised Ed): Take Charge of Your Training Career Now!" by
Annabelle Reitman and Caitlin Williams
Outlook Handbook 2006-2007 (Occupational Outlook Handbook (Jist
Works))" by U. S. Department of Labor
Career Fitness Program: Exercising your Options (8th Edition)" by
Diane Sukiennik, William Bendat, and Lisa Raufman
- "The Manager's Pocket Guide to Effective Mentoring (Paperback")
- "The Mentee's Guide to Mentoring" by Norman H. Cohen
Color Is Your Parachute? 2007: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters
and Career-Changers (What Color Is Your Parachute)" by Richard
You have access to hundreds of journals through UW
resource can provide you with both scholarly publications and trade publications
regarding career development, business, higher education and professional development.