Skip navigation - Jump to main content
UWHR to launch new website at end of July! Learn more about the upcoming launch.

Student Insurance

Health Insurance

US Citizens or Permanent Residents

Explore these resources to find a health insurance plan that's right for you:

International Students

International Student Health Insurance Plan (ISHIP) is required for all international students with F-1 or J-1 visa eligibility. Purchased at the time you enroll in classes through your tuition bill, it's administered by the International Student Services Office.

Students who do not qualify for ISHIP should review Other Health Insurance Options to learn more about alternate ways to obtain health insurance. Short-term coverage is not required for new international students attending "Early Fall Start" or orientation.

For questions about ISHIP coverage, contact the International Health Insurance Counselor at:

International Student Health Insurance Plan (ISHIP)
Hall Health Center
Room 187B (in the Wellness Resource Center)

Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance

There are some specialized long term disability insurance products administered by Benefits & Work/Life, which are available to students in certain academic areas: