Planning some construction or renovation work in
your office or building?
This may affect your communications services.
Please contact Communications Infrastructure by sending email to email@example.com or call 206-221-2200 so that we may assess any impact to the scope and budget of your project.
Communications Infrastructure, an unit of UW Information Technology (UW-IT), coordinates all work on communications projects requiring engineering design, coordination, estimates, and interpretation of standards.
You should contact Communications Infrastructure if you are planning any of the following projects:
- Remodeling space
- Changing the function of a space
- Rearranging office furniture systems within a space
- Constructing new spaces
- Occupying temporary construction trailers or spaces
Such projects often involve adding to or modifying communications which may impact some of the following:
- Voice - Phones, FAX, Modems, Video Conferencing, Alarms
- Data - Computers, Printers, Instrumentation, Monitoring Systems
- TV - Cable TV, Broadcast TV
- Audio/Visual (A/V) - Projectors, Podiums, Cameras, etc.
- Wi-Fi - See Using Wireless at the UW
Work that is not done in compliance with UW specifications, or up-to-code, may have to be redone, sometimes at considerable expense to you, or may create difficulties for others using the UW's communications system.
If you are currently housed in a leased facility and want to upgrade your existing communications you may contact UW-IT Customer Services or where appropriate, Communications Infrastructure will coordinate with the Real Estate Office.
The specific files the architect and electrical/communications consultants must have to prepare contract documents.
Common questions about planning communications aspects of construction and renovation projects.