The IT Accessibility Task Force was founded in 2012 and charged by the UW Vice President and CIO, UW- IT and Vice President, Office of External Affairs to develop and implement plans for promoting IT accessibility and establishing best practices campus-wide. It continues to meet monthly to:
- Continue taking steps toward more accessible UW websites and other IT and institutionalizing cooperative relationships between key stakeholder groups.
- Develop strategies that can be applied campus-wide, such as accessibility audits, progress reports, and the availability of tools to facilitate accessibility efforts.
- Recommend steps toward a more coordinated campus-wide effort in promoting the design of accessible websites and other IT.
It submits annual reports of progress and recommendations to project sponsors.
Following is a list of current Task Force members, organized by unit.
- Sheryl Burgstahler, Director, Accessible Technology Services (ATS) (chair)
- Terrill Thompson, Manager, IT Accessibility Team, ATS
- Dan Comden, Access Technology Center Manager, ATS
- Hadi Rangin, IT Accessibility Specialist, ATS
- Nick Rohde, Web and Content Developer
Center of Teaching and Learning
- Mihaela Giurca, Instructional Consultant
- Bree Callahan, ADA Coordinator
- Krissy Jones, Director of Instructional Design and Development
- Katie Lewis, Associate Professor, College of Education
- Ian Campbell, Manager, Disability Services Office
- Lynn Magill, Program Operations Specialist
- Jack Nguyen, Assistant Director, Disability Resources for Students
University Marketing and Communications
- Thomas Winston Thorpe, Director, Web Strategy
- Andy Andrews, Accessibility Coordinator
UW Privacy Office
- Aimee Kelly, Program Operations Specialist
- Ana Thompson, CPACC, Learning & Access Designer, Office of Digital Learning & Innovation
- Patrick Pow, Vice Chancellor, Information Technology