We are having a Peep contest to celebrate spring and the Whole U Scavenger Hunt on April 11 and 12! It’s time to get creative and have a little fun sharing our favorite UW locations or scenes with the famous Peeps. Peeps on Parade in Padelford? Peep chicks going for a swim in Drumheller Fountain? Husky Peep Building? Gerberpeep? The peepabilities are endless!
At first I had never heard of a Peep contest and didn’t really understand the whole activity, but it turns out that there’s a long tradition of them everywhere from the Seattle Times to the Washington Post. If you’ve never seen a Peep diorama, Google it! You won’t believe the creativity, until you start dreaming up your own diorama. Coming up with a unique concept and pun is surprisingly rewarding.
How to Play:
- Individuals or teams can compete
- Think of a scene and sketch it out
- Make a title and caption for the scene. Points for puns!
- Make your diorama using a shoebox and props to bring the fluffy chicks and bunnies to life
- Take photos of your diorama. Email your pics to us before April 10, and let us know if you’re competing as a team or an individual
- The top individual will receive a $25 Amazon gift card
- The top team will receive free ice skating passes and pizza
- The top 5 dioramas will be featured during the Scavenger Hunt and will have maximum bragging rights!
Where would Peeps go at UW? What’s your favorite secret spot that a Peep could discover? Can’t wait to see what you come up with! On your marks, get set, PEEP!
UPDATE: The Whole U team made a sample diorama: Breaking a World Record with 1,200 of my Closest Peeps. Check it out for inspeepration!