Tombs of Paradise
The Shah-e Zende in Samarkand and Architectural Ceramics of Central Asia
Jean Soustiel and Yves Porter
Photographs by Antoine Lesieur
- paperback not available
- $50.00s hardcover (9782903824433) Add to Cart
The necropolis of Shah-e Zende represents a summit in the art of ceramic wall coverings in the Islamic world. Perched on a steep cliff overlooking the ancient city of Samarkand, today the ghost town of Afrasiyab, the necropolis remains largely unknown to art historians and the general public.
- Published: 2012
- Subject Listing: Art History
- Bibliographic information: 250 pp., 204 color illus., 8.5 x 11 in.
- Territorial rights: Usa Only
- Distributed for: Paul Holberton publishing
As Shah-e Zende offers a microcosm of the technical evolution of ceramic arts in Central Asia between the 12th and 15th centuries, this work ec