Modern Buddhist Artist
- $19.50s paperback (9786162150562) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
Thai national artist Thawan Duchanee has spent his life creating art that deeply reflects Buddhist philosophy. He is internationally renowned, and his art is masterful both for its intricacy and for its subtle portrayal of Buddhism. The book examines these themes within his art and guides the reader through some of Thawan's most interesting works. Often told in his own words, this book offers insights into Thawan's creative genius, explores his philosophy on the arts, examines his famous signature, and recounts his life story.
- Published: 2013
- Subject Listing: Asian Art, Asian Studies
- Bibliographic information: 168 pp., 109 illus., 74 in color, 6 x 8 in.
- Distributed for: Silkworm Books
Russell Marcus is the author of Lao Proverbs and The Guide to Japanese Food and Restaurants.
1. The Dhammapada
2. The Battle of Mara
3. The Last Ten Lives of the Buddha
4. Seeing What Is Visible
5. Buddhist Meditation Room
6. The Biggest Work of the Painter Is Not a Painting
7. Styles and Media
8. The Artist's Own Words