A Journey into Thailand's Troubled South
Mira Lee Manickam
- $19.50s paperback (9786162150548) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
- Published: August 2013
- Subject Listing: Asian Studies, Political Science
- Bibliographic information: 214 pp., 18 illus., notes, 6 x 8 in.
- Territorial rights: World rights except Southeast Asia
- Distributed for: Silkworm Books
Just Enough travels inside the conflict zone of Thailand’s southernmost provinces and explores traditional Malay Muslim culture. Manickam takes an insightful look into the lives of Thailand’s Malay Muslims, focusing on education, environmental destruction, and the threatened livelihoods of coastal fisherfolk, as well as charting the roots of the southern Thai conflict through her travels in the region. This is a personal
journey that reveals the colors of daily life beneath the violence of newspaper headlines.
Mira Lee Manickam has conducted research on southern Thailand for ten years.