Crime and Deviance in Canadian Football
- $26.95s paperback (9781927356531) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
- Published: July 2013
- Subject Listing: Sports, Canadian History
- Bibliographic information: 144 pp., 6 x 9 in.
- Territorial rights: U.S. rights only
- Distributed for: AU Press / UBC Press
In the complicated interaction between sport and law, much is revealed about the perception and understanding of consent and tolerable deviance. In the case of Canadian football, acts of on-field violence, hazing, and performance-enhancing drug use that would be considered criminal outside the context of sport are tolerated and even promoted by team and league administrators.
Curtis Foge is an assistant professor of criminology in the department of interdisciplinary studies at Lakehead University–Orillia.