The Story of Angkor
- $16.50s paperback (9786162150517) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
- Published: August 2013
- Subject Listing: Asian Studies
- Bibliographic information: 136 pp., 22 illus., notes, index, 6 x 8 in.
- Territorial rights: World rights except Southeast Asia
- Distributed for: Silkworm Books
The lost civilization of Angkor left no written records, leaving only ancient stones to tell the tale. The Story of Angkor exposes the history of this once-mighty Southeast Asian empire through the secrets hidden inside the temples and buildings located around the city of Siem Reap. Written in a concise, accessible style, with photos and maps, The Story of Angkor presents an in-depth analysis of the ancient Angkor civilization that will appeal to both readers and travelers.
Jame DiBiasio is the founding editor of AsianInvestor magazine and website.
1. King of the Gods
2. Origins: Funan and Chenla
4. Glory-Bearing City
5. The Sun King
6. Angkor Wat: Climax of a Civilization
7. Hydraulic City
8. The Hundred Years' War
9. Faces of the Bayon
10. Au revoir, Angkor
11. Lost and Found