The Story of Angkor
- $16.50s paperback (9786162150517) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
The lost civilization of Angkor left no written records, leaving only ancient stones can tell the tale. The Story of Angkor exposes the history of this once-mighty Southeast Asian empire through the secrets hidden inside the temples and buildings located around the city of Siem Reap. Written in a concise, accessible style, with photos and maps, The Story of Angkor presents an in-depth analysis of the ancient Angkor civilization that will appeal to both readers and travelers.
- Published: 2013
- Subject Listing: Asian Studies
- Bibliographic information: 136 pp., 22 illus., 6 x 8 in.
- Distributed for: Silkworm Books
Jame DiBiasio is the founding editor of AsianInvestor magazine and website.
1. King of the Gods
2. Origins: Funan and Chenla
4. Glory-Bearing City
5. The Sun King
6. Angkor Wat: Climax of a Civilization
7. Hydraulic City
8. The Hundred Years' War
9. Faces of the Bayon
10. Au revoir, Angkor
11. Lost and Found