Mind, Body, World
Foundations of Cognitive Science
Michael R. W. Dawson
- $43.95s paperback (9781927356173) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
- Published: July 2013
- Subject Listing: Sociology, Communications
- Bibliographic information: 520 pp., 42 illus., 6 x 9 in.
- Territorial rights: U.S. rights only
- Distributed for: AU Press / UBC Press
- Series: Open Paths to Enriched Learning
Mind, Body, World addresses a number of questions currently being asked by those practicing in the field of cognitive science: What are the relationships between these different sets of core assumptions? Is there only one cognitive science, or are there many different cognitive sciences? Giving the schools equal treatment and displaying a broad and deep understanding of the field, Dawson highlights the fundamental tensions and lines of fragmentation that exist among the schools and provides a refreshing and unifying framework for students of cognitive science.
Michael R. W. Dawson is a professor of psychology at the University of Alberta.