Printed Images by Australian Artists, 1885-1955
- paperback not available
- $80.00s hardcover (9780642542045) Add to Cart
This volume follows printmaking through a seventy-year period, from the latter part of the ninteenth century as the print, freed from its reproductive bonds, became a vehicle for pure artistic expression; through the great social and political traumas of the first half of the twentieth century, when the print was co-opted to carry a political message; and concludes in the immediate postwar years with prints that signal the artists' seach for meaning and an awareness of self.
- Published: 2008
- Subject Listing: Art History
- Bibliographic information: 328 pp., 439 color illus., 10 x 12 in.
- Territorial rights: North America Only
- Distributed for: National Gallery of Australia