The Prints of Jessie Traill
Edited by Roger Butler
- $50.00s paperback (9780642334343) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
- Published: July 2013
- Subject Listing: Australian Art
- Bibliographic information: 208 pp., color illus., 9 x 9 in.
- Territorial rights: North American rights only
- Distributed for: National Gallery of Austrlia
This eagerly awaited publication celebrates the artistic career of one of Australia’s most important printmakers of the twentieth century, Jessie Traill.
Embracing the medium of etching in the early 1900s, Jessie Traill forged a radical path for printmaking in Australia through the duality of her vision. Depicting the beauty of the natural environment alongside dynamic images of industry, her lyrical response showed a profound understanding of the dilemma that requires nature to be sacrificed in order for the modern world to progress.
This book includes short essays by Roger Butler, Sarina Noordhuis-Fairfax, Rebecca Edwards and Macushla Robinson, and Tim Bonyhady.