The Struggle for Canadian Copyright
Imperialism to Internationalism, 1842-1971
- $37.95s paperback (9780774824057) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
- Published: August 2013
- Subject Listing: Canadian History, Communications
- Bibliographic information: 304 pp., 6 x 9 in.
- Territorial rights: U.S. rights only
- Distributed for: UBC Press
First signed in 1886, the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works is still the cornerstone of international copyright law. In this groundbreaking book, Sara Bannerman examines Canada’s struggle for copyright sovereignty and explores some of the problems rooted in imperial and international copyright that affect Canadians to this day.
Sara Bannerman is an assistant professor at McMaster University.