The Politics of Righteousness
Idaho Christian Patriotism
James A. Aho
- $25.00s paperback (9780295974941) Add to Cart
- hardcover not available
From their home bases in Idaho and neighboring areas of the Northwest, organizations such as the Order, the Aryan Nations Church, the Posse Comitatus, and the Golden Mean Society have drawn national attention and spread the gospel of a "constitutionally pure, Christian homeland." For the reader who knows these groups only from a selection of inflammatory quotes and violent deeds, this compelling work presents the first disciplined exploration of the backgrounds and belief systems of the Christian patriot movement. Using information gathered from interviews and direct observation of patriot gatherings, Aho replaces the stereotype of solitary crazies from the fringes of society with more complex and disturbing realities.
- Published: 1990. Paperback 1995
- Subject Listing: History / Western History; Pacific Northwest / History
- Bibliographic information: 334 pp.
- Territorial rights: World Rights
- Series: Samuel and Althea Stroum Books
"The Politics of Righteousness is as thoughtful and judicious a study of the contemporary Far Right as anyone could imagine."
-Pacific Northwest Quarterly