Technology Recharge Fee: Per Capita Count – Methodology
- All UW employees
- Based on headcount (not FTE)
- Paid salaried (monthly) employees
- Includes full-time and part-time
- Based on HEPPS/Payroll data
- Allocated to unit based on Payroll Home Department
- “Student Employee Types” including TA/RA, Graduate Stipends, and other student job classifications (800-890)
- Hourly and Student Hourly
- Count is based on a four-quarter average
- Taken from quarter midpoints in the previous fiscal year— August 15, November 15, February 15, and April 15
- Applied to the following fiscal year effective July 1
For the fiscal year 2016 Technology Recharge Fee
- Mid-quarter counts were taken from August 15, 2014; November 15, 2014; February 15, 2015; and April 15, 2015.
- The average of these counts will be the basis for the per-capita count each unit will be charged effective July 1, 2015.
Criteria for the per capita data set were developed by a UW committee comprised of Human Resources, Academic Human Resources, Payroll and the Decision Support Center. The criteria are reviewed annually by the Technology Recharge Fee (TRF) Advisory Committee.
The ongoing maintenance of the dataset is provided by UW-IT’s Enterprise Data & Analytics unit and distributed through UW Information Technology. The dataset is from the Human Resources database in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
College and School administrators will be provided with employee count details for all four quarters.