Visual Communication and Design Instructor
The Visual Communication and Design Instructor will be in charge of teaching and developing workshops related to visual communication, graphics, and design, aimed at the needs of UW students, faculty, and staff. Workshops cover Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Microsoft PowerPoint at fundamental and advanced levels. The primary focus of this position is teaching, updating, and adding to the workshop offerings. In addition, the instructor will provide one-on-one consultations and respond to client emails.
The position offers a flexible schedule, a great team of co-instructors, and the opportunity to gain experience in public speaking and teaching. Outside of workshop hours, we ask for at least 8 hours a week in-office for consultations, updating workshops, etc. We strongly encourage anyone who is interested in teaching, design, or the digital humanities or digital scholarship to apply.
Training is available on all essential position duties and will be provided by the outgoing instructor.
Current workshop schedule and more information: http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/learn/workshops/
- Schedule 12-15 workshops each academic quarter
- Accommodate a variety of needs and learning styles
- Provide accessible training materials based on Universal Design principles
- Respond to client inquiries using online ticketing system
- Schedule one-on-one consultations with clients
- Attend other instructors’ workshops and provide feedback
- Assist the Learning Technologies team with graphics and design needs
- A firm foundation in visual communication and design
- Ability to teach and communicate these skills to others
- Proficient in the use of the Adobe Suite, especially:
- Curiosity about new technology and self motivation to learn
- Excellent people and customer service skills
- Past teaching/tutoring experience or/and strong interest in education.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please upload your resume and a brief letter explaining your interests and how your background qualifies you for an instructor position. Please submit via this Catalyst Dropbox: https://catalyst.uw.edu/collectit/dropbox/lratclif/39972
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.
If listed on the Student Jobs page–http://www.washington.edu/uwit/sjobs/–then we are currently accepting applications for this position.