Academic and Collaborative Applications, a unit within UW-IT, advances teaching, learning and research by:
- Investigating computing trends, identifying user needs and creating technology solutions.
- Implementing and integrating UW online tools, open source and vendor solutions and cloud services.
- Delivering applications that include online course delivery tools, research technologies, email and calendaring solutions, Web publishing, and collaboration tools
You will be responsible for assisting in maintenance of UW-IT operated applications, helping develop new features and fix bugs for websites and applications both on the front- and back-end. This position is a great opportunity to build on skills you have learned in classes.
What you will do:
- Develop new features for web applications and design and implement RESTful web APIs
- Participate in all aspects of development including design, writing code, code review, unit-testing and fixing bugs
- Work both independently and collaboratively to deliver functionality
- Assist with automation of deployments to cloud-based infrastructure
- Support web content authors
- Attend regular team meetings
- Additional duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Must be a matriculated UW student
- Must be available to work at least Summer Quarter 2016 through Winter Quarter 2017
- Experience with interpreted programming languages, such as Python
- An understanding of web standards and how to design pages within those standards
- Experience with server-side and/or client-side web programming and database concepts
- Experience programming iOS or Android apps a plus
- Excitement and desire to learn new languages and programming concepts
To be a successful contributor, Student Developers are expected to work a MINIMUM of 12 hours per week — preferably more as your schedule permits — up to 19.5 hours per week. Work hours can be flexible, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.