- Job Title: STF Assistant
- Department: STF Equipment Loan Program
- Supervisor: Patrick Roberts
- Location: Kane Hall, Health Sciences & HUB (evenings/Saturday)
- Salary: $11.00 per hour
Student assistants organize and run the equipment loan program independently. This position works exclusively with students to assist in the use of technological equipment and the online reservation system. Student assistants are required to have excellent customer service skills, as well as PC experience and Mac proficiency
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist students in the use of technological equipment, and maintain up-to-date knowledge about department equipment.
- Using an Internet-based reservation system.
- Working closely with other student assistants to keep the office running smoothly.
- Basic office duties (i.e. filing, answering phone calls and emails).
- Work independently and use resources to problem solve.
- Knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a positive, helpful, professional nature with faculty, co-workers, and customers.
- Communicate effectively in writing, phone, and in-person.
- Perform related duties as requested.
Guidance and instruction are provided by the STF Equipment Loan Program Lead, as well as other student assistants. All necessary training is provided. Overall supervision is provided by the Associate Director of Classroom Technology & Events.
Work is assigned on a regular schedule that runs for the quarter. The work schedule is based on the class schedule of student assistants.
Most of our equipment is small and lightweight, but you may be required to lift up to 35 pounds.
Student Hourly Employee: Student Hourly Employee: Initial employment for one quarter; may be extended quarterly based on employee availability, job requirements and job performance, 19.5 hours per week.