About the Roadmap Web Site
This information has been updated for FY 2012. See University of Washington Strategic Roadmap
for Information Management and Administrative Systems - Update FY 2012 for the the UW's current approach to implementing the
Roadmap, with an overview of initiatives, timelines and future direction.
The University of Washington Strategic Roadmap for Information Management and Administrative Systems (Roadmap) sets forth a
long-term vision and comprehensive plan for the future of UW information management and administrative systems. The Roadmap was
developed in December 2008, and is still used as the foundation for the UW's current approach. To learn more about the UW's current
approach to implementing the Roadmap, see University of Washington Strategic Roadmap
for Information Management and Administrative Systems - Update FY 2012, which includes an overview of initiatives, timelines,
This Web Site Covers:
- Why the UW needs a strategic plan for
information management and administrative systems
- How the Roadmap was developed.
- Guiding principles for Roadmap
- Five recommended Roadmap initiatives and the
action plans for implementing them.
- Alternatives and approaches for the "Replace
the Base" initiative. This initiative will involve
significant commitment and investment, so
alternatives and approaches are discussed in
- Next steps, including short-term priorities,
the need for workforce planning, how updates will
be made to this plan, and why a funding model is
needed to support ongoing efforts.
- Additional information about the current state
assessment of this project, including Executive Summaries
and Full Reports (UW NetID required).
- The presentation materials used during the
- Supplemental documents of interest.
The roadmap has four appendices that cover:
- Current staffing allocations for UW IM/AS
- History and context of UW IM/AS
- A detailed discussion of the Roadmap
project and report development
- List of contributors to the Roadmap
Familiarize yourself with the Roadmap project by
using the left menu links. Read the Executive Summary, and learn
more about the various initiatives that resulted from