UW Information Technology’s Information Management (IM) division provides University-wide leadership in the development and management of UW’s major administrative business systems including Finance, Human Resources/Payroll (HR/P), Advancement and Facilities. IM is also responsible for UW Enterprise Data Warehouse and business intelligence tools that provide information for decision making.
The UW is currently moving forward with an approach to replacing and upgrading its aging administrative business systems, starting with HR/P Modernization. IM partners with Finance and Facilities on the HR/P Modernization initiative, and provides support for the current payroll system. A modern HR/Payroll system will improve support for critical HR/Payroll functions, provide better integration throughout the employment process, strengthen regulatory compliance and provide better information for decision-making.
Information Management is comprised of the following units:
- Enterprise Application Services provides leadership for the applications architecture, resulting in administrative systems that are reliable, secure, well-integrated and fit for purpose. Enterprise Application Services supports the mainframe platform that serves as the backbone for the UW’s current HR/Payroll, Finance and Student systems. EAS also provides the administrative systems supporting Advancement and Facilities.
- Enterprise Data & Analytics provides leadership and support to all UW academic and administrative units in delivering institutional data for decision making. This includes managing the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Business Intelligence (BI) systems, and data management solutions that support effective, secure access to, and use of, institutional data. Enterprise business intelligence and analytical tools, data and training are available through the UW Data & Analytics website (formerly Decision Support)—the single point of access to information for users and developers of EDW data and tools.
- Enterprise Information Services provides database administration, quality assurance and data management services to the UW, with the mission to increase the usefulness and reliability of the University's strategic Institutional Data assets.
- Finance Modernization/Enterprise Business Services supports and provides leadership for startup activities around major enterprise-wide business initiatives including Finance Modernization, the Enterprise Document Management System (EDMS) and Procure to Pay. The Finance Modernization initiative is focused on replacement of the UW's aging financial systems, and the Procure to Pay Initiative is implementing a modern e-procurement system and replacing legacy procurement systems. The Enterprise Business Services (EBS) Initiative supports the implementation of electronic document management to create paperless workflows and business process transformation. The program works with UW partners to define and implement enterprise-wide goals that will transform outdated UW financial and administrative system processes.
- Enterprise Administrative Applications provides leadership to UW-IT’s efforts to support the HR/P Modernization initiative including modifications to enterprise financial and student administrative systems and the Enterprise Data Warehouse, and development of enterprise integration capabilities aligned with the Enterprise Information Management initiative. The unit also provides the administrative systems supporting HR/Payroll and Finance.
Associate Vice President for Information Management
Email | 206-685-2676
UW Mailbox: 359565
See list of IM Contacts.