The following links provide additional training resources for learning
about and using tools to get the information you need from the Enterprise Data Warehouse to make decisions and become more effective in your job.
We are busy growing our content and welcome requests for in person training and suggestions for online training content. Please contact us.
UW Business Intelligence Portal
Explore available reports and analytics at UW's Business Intelligence Portal. The feature-packed BI Portal intuitively connects you to UW Enterprise Data Warehouse central reports and analytics.
Star your favorites, see what's trending, get report recommendations, stay abreast of new releases, see the underlying SQL queries, peruse data definitions, read how others are using reports, add your feedback, and more. This guided tour shows you how.
- Attend a free EDW workshop to learn more about EDW resources and how to use them.
- EDW 101 - an orientation to EDW resources and information on how to get started using them
- Handling Data 101 - watch your data analysis skills take off with this introduction to pivot tables and merging data
- Tableau Hands-on Introduction - this 2-hour workshop provides a hands-on tour of Tableau Desktop data visualization software
- Tableau Desktop Fundamentals - a 1-day course designed for the beginner-level Tableau Desktop user
Profiles Workshop - learn how to log on and navigate this web-based
portal of dashboards, powered by Tableau Software.
On Demand Video
- These online, recorded sessions walk you through step by step examples of how to get connected to and use Enterprise Data Warehouse reports, cubes and data. Learn online at your own pace, when and where it's convenient for you.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Business Intelligence SIG
- The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Business Intelligence (BI) Special Interest Group (SIG) formed to share information about EDW activity, tools and other resources. The group meets monthly in semi-structured format with both presentations and free-form discussion on issues of the day. If you are involved in reporting or using information to make decisions, you are encourage you to attend.
- UW Tableau User Group
Learn from, connect with, and collaborate with your fellow UW Tableau users at our online Tableau User Group.
- Join the Community
- Enter the Community website
UW Certificate Programs
- Certificate in Business Intelligence: Techniques for Decision Making
- Understand how to translate and manage mass-information for businesses and drive effective strategic decisions. Build mining models, perform what-if analyses and simplify data into practical visual presentations. Learn techniques to consolidate and aggregate data on customers, transactions and demographics.
- Certificate in Business Intelligence: Building the Data Warehouse
- Learn to transform raw data into business assets by synthesizing massive amounts of information in the forms of databases, spreadsheets, text-based documents and various internal and external communications. Improve organizational use, sharing and storage of information by planning and implementing a data warehouse project. Develop robust data and technical architecture to meet business goals.
Data Analysis Skills
- Working with Pivot Tables
Report Development Learning Resources
Cube Learning Resources
SQL Online Communities
Contains thousands of articles, scripts, and forum postings. Subscribe to
a daily newsletter containing handy tips. Membership is free if you
provide your email address. Many suggestions learned from this site have
been shared at RS-SIG meetings.