The following links provide additional training resources for learning
about and using tools to get the information you need from the Enterprise Data Warehouse to make decisions and become more effective in your job.
We are busy growing our content and welcome requests for in person training and suggestions for online training content. Please contact us.
- Attend an EDW workshop to learn more about EDW resources available and how to use them.
On Demand Video
- These online, recorded sessions walk you through step by step examples of how to get connected to and use Enterprise Data Warehouse reports, cubes and data. Learn online at your own pace, when and where it's convenient for you.
UW Tableau User Group Canvas site. Subscribe to the mailing list.
- Enterprise Data Warehouse Business Intelligence SIG
- The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Business Intelligence (BI) Special Interest Group (SIG) formed to share information about EDW activity, tools and other resources. The group meets monthly in semi-structured format with both presentations and free-form discussion on issues of the day. If you are involved in reporting or using information to make decisions, you are encourage you to attend.
- Tableau Software users at UW are encourage to join this mailing list to connect with each other.
UW Information Technology and the Office of Planning and Budgeting are sponsoring a Tableau Pilot to determine fit and scalability as a data visualization tool for UW. If you are interested in joining the pilot, please contact the Decision Support Services team.
Data Analysis Skills
- Working with Pivot Tables
Report Development Learning Resources
Cube Learning Resources
SQL Online Communities
Contains thousands of articles, scripts, and forum postings. Subscribe to
a daily newsletter containing handy tips. Membership is free if you
provide your email address. Many suggestions learned from this site have
been shared at RS-SIG meetings.