Top 5 Questions:
In April of 2007 the Data Management Committee created the Top 5 project and formed an
advisory group of Deans and Chancellors for direction and priorities. The initial project
members drafted a list of potential questions and presented to the Deans’ and
Chancellors’ Advisory Group. The Deans’ and Chancellors’ Advisory Group
picked their "Top 5" questions.
- What is my student headcount by major?
- What are my student credit hours?
- What is my Faculty headcount by appointment type?
- What is my Faculty FTE by appointment type?
- What are the financial resources for a school, college, or campus at a point in time
for a given fiscal period and by funding source?
Over the next year, three task teams - Student,
Faculty, and Finance - delved into the complexities surrounding each question. As a result of
their investigations, they identified issues that needed to be addressed, decisions that
needed to be made, reports that needed to be created, and terminology that needed to be
defined for the Institution. An executive summary of the initial effort is available
here. More detailed information on the
original effort also is available:
Top 5 Progress