Data Management Committee
The Data Management Committee has launched a blog. This blog will address topical data
management matters and is also the home to
events and activities.
Updated Access and Roles Matrix
Role definitions have been updated to include new administrative research data available in the
Enterprise Data Warehouse in the new Access and Roles Matrix.
New Guidelines Approved
A new guideline has been approved by the DMC, EDW End User Access Review,
to establish guidelines and best practices for reviewing end user access to the EDW on an annual
Results of EDW and DSS External Review Now
A comprehensive, impartial, and candid assessment of the EDW's current
architecture and processes is now available.
See the review and recommendations that will
help to improve these key strategic assets of the university.
Bill Yock contributes chapter in new book: Governing Data Management: Creating a Constitutional Democracy for Data Management
The purpose of the Data Management Committee (DMC), as outlined in this
Charter letter from the
Provost, is to address the following issues related to data and information management across the
To be consistent in the approach, designation, and governance of data,
metadata, and the information base of business processes.
To define clear and commonly-used structures, models, definitions, and
processes to support coordination and collaboration, effective decision-support, and efficient
To provide guidance and recommendations concerning our institutional data
related to expanding access, improving quality, strategic planning, assuring security and business
Based on the initial charge letter, the goals of the Data Management Committee have been defined as:
- Develop, implement, maintain and help enforce University-wide
data management policies,
standards, guidelines and operating procedures related to University Institutional Data
- Advise on University-wide strategic plans for data management including sourcing, distribution, maintenance and quality of University Institutional Data assets.
- Advise on University-wide
data management practices for decision making including data warehousing, business intelligence, master data management, and metadata management.
- Recommend and approve controls or plans for assessing data management value and risk.
- Assist in enhancing Institutional Data with consistent definitions and classifications according to data management standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate compliance requirements related to laws and regulations that have information management implications and impart a duty upon the University.
Please email questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org