The UW Information Technology Service Center is looking for students with a passion for technology and helping others, to provide customer support for over 80,000 University of Washington students, staff, faculty, and affiliated customers. Student consultants answer technical questions, assist with account administration, and route callers to University departments, faculty, and staff.
As a student consultant, you will:
- Provide first-level support via phone, email, and in person for University systems.
- Build customer service, technical, and computing experience in a professional office environment.
- Consult with the experts who support technological needs at the University.
- Develop or use skills in observation and analysis in order to resolve issues.
- Provide support for Microsoft Windows, Macintosh, and Unix-based operating systems.
Other opportunities are available to:
- Apply and expand PERL, Java, XML, and database programming skills.
- Gain leadership experience.
- Work on projects that will enhance your resume or portfolio.
- Flexible scheduling:
- Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
and 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Choose hours that work with your class schedule.
- Work 10 to 19.5 hours per week while attending classes.
- Work up to 40 hours per week during breaks and Summer Quarter.
- Leadership opportunities are available for those who demonstrate outstanding skills.
- Students who work here acquire skills, concepts, and practical experience that help them reach their professional goals. After graduating, several students have become employed by highly competitive companies such as Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and the University of Washington.
- This position is located at the UW Tower complex on the corner of NE 45th Street and Brooklyn Avenue NE.
A satisfactory outcome from a criminal background verification will be required prior to hire.
Please submit an online application including a statement explaining your interest in working with the UW Information Technology Service Center as a student consultant and how your background qualifies you for a consultant position.